Google always trying to give a better user experience to its users. Earlier this year (2021), Google introduced Core Web Vitals, a new metric that combines existing UX signals to give users an overall view of the experience for any page on the web.
In this article, we will learn how you can fix the Google search Console error FID issue longer than 100ms error.
What Is the Fid (First Input Delay)?
The First Input Delay is another metric imposed by Google to measure the speed of a page to the answer to any interaction from the user.
- The FID measures user interactivity and the responsiveness of the web.
- It is characterized by being a ‘direct’ metric, that is, it cannot be simulated, since real user interaction is required to measure the delay of the page response.
- Good: less than 100 milliseconds
- Need Improvements: up to 300 milliseconds
- Bad: more than 300 milliseconds
How to Solve FID issue: longer than 300ms
First of all go to your Google Search Console dashboard and then go to the Core Web Vitals report.
- Now click on error ( fid issue longer than 100ms) and then details.
- After seeing that affected page URL, analyze that URL in Pagespeed Insights.
- Check the report and Improve FID Score and send it to validation.
Follow Comprehensive Guide on How to Improve First Input Delay and send it for validation after improving.
Check again after 28 days in Google Search Console, I hope FID issue: longer than 300ms issue is gone.
Is your website’s Pagespeed Insights report full of such errors? It is not much easy for you to tackle these problems. So we can do this hard work for you.
We have a professional developers’ team that will fix all types of CWV (Core Web Vitals) errors significantly for our clients for the maximum Website Speed and Performance. If you want Superior Website Speed then Check Our Affordable Pricing, so we can start Optimising your website.
If you have any question, then don’t hesitate to share thoughts in the comment box. Thanks.